SCORE's "BizPitch Savannah™ 2020" Entrepreneurial Competition -
Friday, November 6
Have a great business idea?
Become a "BizPitch Savannah™ 2020" contestant for a chance to win over $10,000 in cash and free professional services to help you launch your new business!
What Is SCORE’s “BizPitch Savannah™” Entrepreneurial Competition?
The “BizPitch Savannah™” Entrepreneurial Competition is an annual communitywide “Shark Tank”-style event organized and presented by the Savannah Chapter of SCORE, the nation’s largest provider of free business mentoring and educational programs for small businesses. The six winners of the 2018 and 2019 “BizPitch” events all received over $10,000 in cash and free professional services to help them launch their new businesses. Winners of the 2020 competition will have the same opportunity.
How It Works
- Aspiring entrepreneurs and owners of newly-launched local small businesses submit online Applications describing their business ideas in detail.
- Applications will be evaluated for completeness, clarity, uniqueness, and potential for success by a committee of SCORE and UGA SBDC business experts.
- The deadline for submitting an Application is midnight, Friday, October 2. A non-refundable $25 Application Fee is payable at the time of submission.
- On October 14, in a public announcement, the 8 Applications receiving the highest scores from the Review Committee will be named “BizPitch Savannah™ 2020” finalists.
- On Friday, November 6, each finalist will have an opportunity to make a 4-minute pitch of their business idea to a panel of judges comprised of successful businesspeople, entrepreneurs, educators, and lenders. The judges will then have 4 minutes to ask questions and make comments.
- The 3 finalists receiving the highest scores from the judges will be named “BizPitch Savannah™ 2020” winners. Each winner will receive over $10,000 in cash and free professional services to help them launch their businesses.
- Prior to the event, the finalists will receive training on how to make an effective business pitch, will be assigned a SCORE Mentor to assist them with preparation, and will have an opportunity to do a practice pitch to a panel of experts the week before the event.
This year the event will be mostly virtual. The audience will see the competition via Zoom and Live Streaming via Facebook and YouTube. However, the Finalists and Judges will be together at The Creative Coast at 2 E. Bryan Street, Savannah, where the pitches and judging will take place. COVID-19 safety measures will be strictly enforced. The event will be as exciting and as fun as ever while keeping everyone safe.