Savannah SCORE’s “BizPitch Savannah” is a “Shark Tank™”-style entrepreneurial competition whose objective is to encourage, support and reward entrepreneurship in our community. Individuals who wish to apply to be a contestant must agree to and comply with the following rules:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Proposed businesses must be either a new start-up or have obtained its Savannah-Chatham County Business License after March 1, 2017.
- Completed applications must be electronically submitted to Savannah SCORE by no later than midnight Wednesday, August 8, 2018. Incomplete applications or applications received after the August 8 deadline will be automatically disqualified.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of experienced SCORE Business Mentors. A group of eight finalists will be selected from the pool of applicants and their names publicly announced by no later than 5:00 PM Tuesday, August 14.
- Finalists will have four weeks to prepare their Business Pitch. During this time, SCORE Business Mentors and a Presentation Coach will be provided at no charge to the finalists to help them prepare.
- Finalists are asked to attend training meetings from Noon-1:30 pm on August 23rd and August 30th at Bull Street Labs, 2222 Bull St.
- The event will take place on Friday, September 7 at 4:00 PM at The Creative Coast/Bull Street Labs at 2222 Bull Street, Savannah, GA.
- Each finalist will have four minutes to make their pitch to “BizPitch Savannah’s” panel of five judges. After each pitch, the judges will have an additional four minutes to ask questions and make comments to the contestant. Finalists are encouraged to use PowerPoint slides or other visual aids in their presentation.
- The judges will rate the business pitches based on the following weighted criteria:
- 35% – Business viability and originality of the idea
- 30% – Quality and effectiveness of the pitch
- 25% – Professionalism of the business plan
- 10% – Other considerations
- Three winners will be selected by the judges. The decisions of the judges are FINAL.
- Each of the three winners will receive a Prize comprised of $2,500 in cash and a package of professional business-related services worth as much as $10,000. (The final list and value of these services will be announced prior to the event.)
- Winners must locate and operate their business within Savannah-Chatham County.
- Winners must launch their business by no later than January 1, 2020.